As a PhD student you will be employed at the University of Lausanne as member of the Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CC CDQ). In your research, you will develop concepts, methods and tools that help companies managing data as strategic asset and democratizing data & analytics in their organizations. CC CDQ works in close collaboration with 20 renowned European companies (AstraZeneca, Bayer, Beiersdorf, Bosch, Nestlé, SBB, Siemens etc).
- CC CDQ research topics: data quality, data and analytics governance, data literacy, data and enterprise architecture, enterprise knowledge graphs
- Master's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Management or related field
- Relevant internships and/or practical experience (e.g. as consultant or developer)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Good writing skills and fluency in English; German and/or French are a plus
Employment rate is 100% with a competitive salary and a maximum contract duration of five years. Starting date is negotiable as from January to July 2021. The PhD student is expected to enrol in the doctoral school in information systems at HEC Lausanne and will be supervised by Prof. Christine Legner.
HEC Lausanne is the Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Lausanne. It is one of the leading European business schools and received the AMBA and EQUIS accreditations for the overall quality of its programs, research, and teaching. The school received the AMBA and EQUIS accreditations for the overall quality of its programs, research, and teaching. It is situated at the shores of the Lake Geneva in one of the most beautiful places in Switzerland. An excellent public transport network links the university campus in just a few minutes to Lausanne, the capital of Vaud, noted for its varied cultural activities.
Informal inquiries and how to apply
Please submit your Curriculum Vitae, university transcripts (bachelor and master level) and an electronic version of a recent research project (e.g. master thesis, scientific publication) by e-mail.