We would like to extend a very warm welcome to Swarovski as the latest member of the Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CC CDQ)! We have put together some information to give you a quick overview of how data management at Swarovski currently looks like:
After assessing the maturity of Swarovski’s data management in collaboration with CDQ consultants in 2018, Swarovski has decided to start the journey to data governance and management.
With the ambitious target to govern and to manage data across all organizational units and all systems, the Enterprise Data & Analytics function was nominated by the Executive Board to establish a data governance framework. This framework aims at:
- Crystal clear data definitions to improve data literacy
- Active network with formalized roles to enable data ownership and stewardship
- Transparent data architecture (from conceptual to physical data models) to guarantee agility
- Excellent data quality to allow trusted information
- Performance management to foster continuous improvement
The data governance framework complements the Enterprise Data & Analytics strategy, which supports the company’s customer-centricity orientation by:
- Increasing fact-based decision making
- Enabling the usage of Analytics
- Improving data quality
- Allowing the multiplicity of the data sources
- Supporting compliance
- Handling higher complexity and flexibility
- Fostering data literacy – ONE enhanced enterprise language!
Swarovski is looking forward to actively participate in the CC CDQ. The company is enthusiastic about the opportunity to share best practices, learn about innovative solutions and to collaboratively advance in data management. If you would like to learn more about the research activities and/or a membership with the CC CDQ, please feel free to contact us.